Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My cousin posted on facebook that her mother was being released from the hospital today. Concerned for my aging aunt I asked after her health. Turns out, she just went in yesterday. Seems she needed a few stitches after being run over in the driveway by my uncle. Let's just let that sink in. After being run over by my uncle.

So I am retelling this story to my husband and I start with these words: "Here's something I never thought I'd say." And I realize something. I have been saying those words a lot lately.


"When is the next epsiode of Dallas on?" I asked this question repeatedly atfer my husband got me hooked on the cheesy 80"s soap.


"Push your pee pee down into the potty." This was spoken in an attempt to prevent my son from peeing on the living room carpet in the event he suddenly "got it" while potty training.


"Come and watch Daddy pee." Again, potty training.


"I think the cat is on fire." Those words were uttered when our very fluffy cat walked across the counter and over a candle. And yes, she was on fire.


"Should you be wearing that phallic tiara here at the Cheesecake Factory?" I am not sure I even could explain that one.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious!!! I love it! Let me know if you need anything for your mom! I will be in GC on Friday, if you want me to check on her!!!

    ReplyDelete