They mean well, right? I am sure the compliment made sense in their sweet little heads. But something happens between thinking the compliment and actually saying it.
- I love to hug you Mommy, you are so squishy! ("squishy" is the medical term for "need to exercise more".)
- Mommy, I like how your hair is kind of white on top, it is pretty. (obviously it is time to color the roots again...)
- Mommy, please don't dance.
- You hair looks crazy like mine! ("crazy" is a good thing in my big five year old's mind, but not really a look I wish to sport.)
- Mommy, your teeth look clean but I don't like your toothpaste, it makes your mouth smell funny. (uh, honey, I'm thinking I need MORE toothpaste...)
- Look Mommy! This pillow pet is the same size as your bum bum!
- Mommy, I am smart like you and I am not even OLD like you are!