Sunday, June 27, 2010

is there a full moon for phone calls?

phone calls I never thought I would get today:

1. A fundraising call from Miami University. Neither Brad nor I have any affiliation with Miami University. Interesting approach.

2. My sister calling to tell me she bought another dog. Note the use of the word "another". I believe this takes them up to 2 dogs, 2 cats, and at least one guinea pig. It is as though she is running a half way house for wayward animals. sigh.

3. Emeritus at Pinnacle calling to inform me that my father may need to go the emergency room. I suggested to them that if he was there they should certainly send him to the ER, seeing as he has been dead for over 10 years. Oh, and by the way, how is my mother? She lives there. Simply a case of too many calls for one nurse to make.

on an unrelated side note, I think our smoking ghost has taken up some sort of cherry flavored pipe smoking. I do like it better than the cigarettes he used to smoke....

No comments:

Post a Comment