Thursday, January 29, 2009

no more tears for me

Today I told another co-worker that I was being downsized. And she cried. Another co-worker cried last week when she heard the news. I am not naive. I know they will miss me, and I will miss them. But they are also thinking about their own positions with the company. I am now the second person to be downsized, so when the official announcement about me leaving goes out tomorrow people will be concerned. One person- you can shrug that off. Two people, well that is becoming a pattern. I know at least some of those tears were falling due to fear. I guess I should consider myself lucky that I am one of the first to go. My tears were real. They were for a job I loved that was lost. They were for an uncertain future. They were springing from a place of anger and sadness. But at least I was not crying from a fear of the unknown. I know my future is uncertain, but one thing is crystal clear. I will be OK. I have a loving, supportive husband who wants me to be happy as well as successful. I am very marketable, as my wonderful sister in law told me not too long ago. I will be successful at my next job. And there will be a next job. For that I am sure. So no more tears for me- only smiles as I wonder what this next phase of my life holds for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment